This old girl got some love today, heck probably the best detail it’s received over the last 19 years. As I shared yesterday, this is my Grandmothers’s 2001 Grand Prix GT. Not lacking any free time lately, I thought it would be fun to revive the paint on this car. All of our cars are fairly new and in good condition, so I was looking forward to playing with something that’s in rougher shape.
Here was my process:
- Wash wheels/tire with Adam’s Wheel Cleaner/Rubber Clean
- Foam Cannon using Adam’s Car Shampoo
- Griots Garage Clay Bar
- Completely Dry
- Correct Paint using Griots Garage 6" Random Orbital with GG Complete Compound on Orange Correcting Pad (Not fully corrected, needed a Microfiber Pad for this)
- Topped with Adam’s Brillant Glaze then Buttery Wax
- Finished with Adam’s Detailing Spray and Tire Shine
- Interior & Windows can wait for another day
It was fun seeing the results come to life, I’m pretty satisfied with the outcome. I got to use a lot of the products I’ve accumulated over the years but rarely use, like Buttery Wax (don’t need to wax our ceramic coated cars).
A quick interior detail will follow tomorrow and address some things under the hood. All in all, this car seems pretty solid and can hopefully serve someone well in the future. My Grandmother loves this car and wants to keep it, but in reality, she hasn’t driven it in over a year and we’ll likely sell it soon. If anyone is looking for a solid W-Body, Holla at your boy!