A burly six speed trans for (mostly) burly American V8s.
Put a lot of blades to a lot of old muscle car trans tunnels.
Designed by Borg-Warner for the Viper in the early 90’s, built by them until Tremec took over in the late 90’s.
Mostly rated at 450 lb-ft from the factory, can be upgraded to hold up to 1200 hp and 1000 lb-ft of torque and can be modified to have an oil cooling system.
0.5 sixth gear allows you to run a rowdy engine/rear axle ratio with some degree of economy.
Was the predecessor to the TR6060/T56 Magnum.
When you absolutely, positively have to powershift like a gorilla, accept no substitutes.
From wikipedia, here’s the all star cast of OEM installs.
- Aston Martin DB7 Vantage, 1999–2003
- Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, 2001–2006
- Chevrolet Corvette, 1997–2007
- Chevrolet Camaro, 1993-2002
- Dodge Ram SRT10, 2004–2006
- Dodge Viper, 1992–2007
- Ford Mustang Cobra, 2003–2004
- Ford Mustang Cobra R, 2000
- Ford Falcon XR6, XR6T, XR8
- FPV F6 Tornado/Typhoon, GT/GT-P 2004–2008
- Holden Commodore 1998–2008
- Holden Monaro, 2001-2006
- GM M12
- 2001–2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- 2004–2006 Pontiac GTO
- 2004–2007 Cadillac CTS-V
- GM MN6
- 2004–2007 Chevrolet Corvette
- GM M10
- 2005–2006 Chevrolet SSR
- 2006–2008 Holden VE Commodore
- GM MZ6
- 2005–2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
- Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am, 1993–2002