After a very long time pondering how to do it, 4 or 5 complete re-designs, and a couple of last-minute changes, this evening I finished putting together a hardware storage solution for the garage using a shelf I put up a while ago that happened to be the right size...

A 6-foot 1x10, 16 feet of 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/8 aluminum angle stock, and some hardware

That’s 12 removable plastic bins, each has the usual movable dividers and such. I still need to decide how I’m going to organize the hardware into these bins, and label them so I remember in a week what went where, but anything is better than the stack of boxes taking up a large portion of the workbench at the moment.