Finally got around to replacing the hatch struts on my mustang today. Before the only thing that would hold it open was either me or a plank of wood. I started off trying to do this the “right” way and proceeded to strip 3 of the 4 screws holding the strut brackets on. Filled with fustration I did what was only logical to fix the problem.

After smashing one of the struts to kingdom come I remembered I had a prybar for such events. Lo and behold through the use of a pry bar, hammer and flathead screwdriver I was able to remove the old struts.

The new ones which are MUCH better went on in less than 30 seconds and now the hatch holds itself up perfectly. One thing less to do on the checklist.