I need an ECU for my 5.0 swap. I have the mounting figured out. Here’s what I do know I’m gonna use:
- 5.0 HO V8 with a full rebuild kit
- 4.0 Radiator
4.0 engine mounts + James Duff 5.0 adapter platesFox Body Convertible Engine Mounts
- Mustang T-5 with a Ford Racing Reinforced Rebuild kit
- Explorer Headers
- My Stock Traction Lock 3.55 geared 8.8 rear end
- 1994 Thunderbird Electric Fan Assembly
- 4.0 Alternator
- 1993-1994 Manual Mustang ECU & Wiring
Now what I still need to figure out:
- The Heater Box and AC will need to be re positioned for clearance, but where to?
What wiring harness could I use? What ECU could I use that would allow for a manual trans? The 5.0 Explorer was Auto only. (I also wanna keep it OBD-I for emissions reasons)
- Firewall Might need to be modified for bell housing clearance
I could really use some help answering the remaining unknowns, does anybody have any input? Im gonna repost this a bit throughout the week for more input, if the mods have any issue with that please comment.
Edited 03/28/2016- 10:10PM- Thanks to LOUDMUSIC, I got the ECU and wiring figured. Still need to figure out intake though...