If you’ve been following my posts, you’ll know I need help choosing my next car. Right now, my choices are as follows:
2016 Lexus RC 200t (CPO)
First off, this moving gauge cluster is just delightful and pretty much makes up for my issue with the center clock.
- Heated AND Ventilated Seats (I feel like I can’t emphasize this enough)
- Neat gauge cluster
- Factory warranty still good until 2022
- Cheaper than the BMW ($28,988 vs $31,981)
- Dealer is part of my bank’s authorized dealer network.
- Decent color and sweet wheels
- Nondescriptish means I don’t stand out
- Center analog clock
- Mileage (~37,000) is higher than that of the BMW
- B/C-pillar blindspot is pretty large, but it does come with blindspot detection
- Trunk space looked smaller than that of the BMW
- The autodimming side and rearview mirrors had a weird yellowish tinge to their reflected images; not sure if it was because that’s how it normally is during a bright sunny day, but it was definitely odd.
- Nondescript means I don’t stand out
Thoughts: Feels more snug than the bimmer, got more of a roadster vibe than the Bimmer during the test drive even if it slightly longer and weigh about the same.
2016 BMW 435i (non CPO)
- ~14,000 miles!
- MORE POWAH! I swear I’m not compensating for anything...
- The “top view” camera is pretty useful
- Tinted windows keeps out those unwanted photons
- Better visibility; B/C Pillar blindspot is noticeably smaller than that of the Lexus
- More interior room? I felt like it was more spacious in the Bimmer than the Lexus. Not sure why, but it is appreciated.
- Murdered out visual aesthetics with M badging shows how cool I am
- Factory warranty expires 2020
- Black on Black gets toasty in the sun
- No ventilated seats
- More expensive ($31,981 vs $28,988)
- Non CPO; probably related to the damage reported to the rear of the car
- Murdered out visual aesthetics with M badging shows how much of a badge whore I am
So there’s my main pros and cons list for both cars. I still need to see what sort of rates I can get from the dealers along with the price of extended warranties, which I’ll try to obtain and update this post tomorrow.
I would like your thoughts because none of my immediate family and friends are at all interested in cars and I regard your
shitposts wisdom with the utmost respect.
Which would you personally buy as a daily driver for a commute of 40-80 miles in terrible traffic and empty highways?