Help with mold and mystery leak

The disposal stopped working last week. After being out of town over the weekend, I was finally able to look at it today, and discovered this situation.

Advertisement

Well fuck. That’s a lot of mold...

Advertisement

This is the outlet the disposal was plugged in to. Turns out its dead now. I checked the breaker to make sure it hadn’t tripped anything and all was good there. I ran an extension cord from another outlet and plugged the disposal into that and it ran just fine.

Advertisement

Oh, and the base shelf of the cabinet is starting to bow a little.

After running everything, I’m not seeing any visible leaks or drips. Everything is dry to the touch. So I’m at a loss here. Is it something in the walls? Am I gonna need to start ripping it alm out to get to the water lines? What say you home repair gurus of Oppo?

Share This Story