An incredibly crude, old, weird, aircooled VW truck that’s very rare, over here and available in peachy condition. I think we just found Jason’s new ride.
In case you don’t know what a VW Hormiga is, hear it from the master himself. I know that’s where I first I heard of it.
For the lazy of click, it’s the Mexican version of the VW Basistransporter, a very basic truck sold in CKD kit form for assembly in various developing countries in the ‘70s.
- Crude? It’s a welded square tube frame with flat steel panels bolted on.
- Old? made somewhere between ‘75 and ‘79
- Weird? It’s front wheel drive yet:
- Aircooled VW? yep- plain vanilla 1600cc Type I VW flat-four
- Rare? one of 500 left, apparently
- Over here? El Paso, TX
- Available? $11k or near offer
Also: wooden stake bed to keep those sculptures in check. Perfect.
Find it here at the samba.