I’m taking advantage of my newfound time off, to work on the house. I’m not going to finish my kitchen, because all the cabinet doors I made are at school. Today I knocked off a little project that desperately needed to be done.

Our front porch is enclosed, and the 90's stock on tile was peeling off to reveal the 70's possibly asbestos laden tile. Today I finally covered that crap up with a layer of underlayment plywood.

Chair from Galileo Humpkins
Chair from Galileo Humpkins
Advertisement
Illustration for article titled Home improvement

This project was a picture of efficiency. I nailed the plywood down instead of screwing it, because for some reason I had a partial open boxes of underlayment nails laying around. The job is done, and I used every last freaking nail! It was perfect.

These three tiny scraps were all I had left of the underlayment too. All the garbage fit in one can, with the lid able to close.

Illustration for article titled Home improvement
Advertisement

I am way more sore than I should be. I’m getting soft in my old not working construction anymore age.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter