Have the pics I promised. The wheels are now very gold indeed. Here are a few lists with the Twingo plans. All your advice and ideas are welcome, of course!
- Lower it
- Get bigger and wider wheels. Maybe a tiny bit of stretch and poke.
- JDM YO! plastic arches
- Engine bay thorough clean and repaint
- Add more speakers (currently has just 2 in the dash. A higher trim Twingo could have 2 more in the doors. I think I’ll add a sub, as well. If I can make it look tasteful) and replace the head unit. I need either bluetooth or an AUX or usb jack. This one has neither, just a CD player which skips on the tinyest (tiniest? Smallest.) of bumps.
- huge mthrfcking cannon exhaust, IDGAF.
- make it fast
- Engine bay bits and pieces to gold or back to clean black
- Badges to gold. The cool front one black/gold
- The plastic grey bumpers sprayed with a bedliner-type material, if I can find something cheap and similar. Any ideas Europpos for a cheap solution?
- Yellow plastic wrap on the foglights. FDM, YO!
- Find EITHER a smaller antenna, OR a huge one, like a 70s US cop car would have, all the way across the roof to the back. Gold, whichever one it is.
- Lose the license plate plastic holder and do the stick-on method. Or find nicer holders
- some more gold trim, not sure what, where and when
- add rear spoiler from the sport models
- add front chin spoiler, or make my own using the garden rubber thing
- custom metal mesh on the headlights. Like old Land Rovers had.
- new steering wheel. a vintage Momo or Nardi. A fake one, obvs
List of faults, to be fixed soon, in no order:
- Missing rear shelf
- Front right fog light
- Right speaker blown out and dead
- Left speaker kinda working, but crinkly
- rust on the left rocker panel(?) - the piece of structural bodywork/frame in front of the rear wheel. It can be pretty cheaply replaced with a new one and is a common problem on Twingos
- right door can’t be opened from the inside
- worn out CO2 sensor (this thing), which is currently making the car less fuel efficient.
- worn out suspension bushings
- needs a new oil pan. Previous owner welded the plug :/
- license plate light dead
- third brake light dead
- interior light dead
- turn signal indicator light dead
- oh, the turn signals aren’t self canceling. Not sure if this is a Twingo default thing or just broken. This problem has become annoying when driving OTHER cars, because I’m now so used to canceling it myself
- broken windshield washer fluid pump, or blocked pipes
- broken electric left mirror
- flaking rearview mirror
- seatbelts retract super slowly
- needs longer handbrake cable or tuning done to this one
- fan on the front has bad bearings, it makes a terrifying sound when it turns on after some time in traffic
- broken heater vent plastic
Stuff I’ve done to it since I got it last June:
- new seat handles and pulls
- fixed the trunk gas strut
- repainted the 3 iconic vents a million times over. They were grey, black, french, black, and are now gold
- refreshed the hubcaps while they were still on
- repainted the steelies
- added the missing rear wiper
- changed air and fuel filter
- loved it and cared for it
- sprayed some underbody rust with a coating which should help stop it spreading
- new tires, both winter and summer
- fixed handbrake
- resprayed rust spots all over
- changed rear right drum brake cylinder
- new old front badge
- repainted and refreshed steelies and lug nuts
- added blinker fluid
- new floor mats
First to come, though, is a minor service. The fluids need to be changed, battery cleaned up or even replaced. Oh, and the gold logo on the bumper is to my friend and mine’s newly-opened graphic design practice. Check it out here. We’ll be cheap, remember the exchange rate ;D
More crappy phone pics inbound. I’ll make a proper photoshoot once I wash it.
Thanks for your support guys. Oppo means the world to me.
Better pics after the photoshoot.