For the 2021 model year, Honda is finally bringing its traditional Type-R Phoenix Yellow color to the Civic Type-R. Except they’re calling it Sunlight Yellow now. Ok, Honda. The roof, hood scoop and mirrors are painted black.
They’re building 1000 total Limited Editions, 600 of which are bound for the US, 200 for Japan, and 100 each for Canada and Europe.
Changes outside of the color are minor, but not completely insignificant. They include:
- Forged BBS wheels with Michelin Cup 2 tires
- 47 kg (103.4 lbs) weight reduction from the wheels, reduced sound deadening, infotainment delete, air conditioning delete, rear wiper delete, cargo cover delete, and rear heater ducting delete
- Specially tuned dampers
- Recalibrated steering “for maximum control and feedback”
- Gloss black rear Civic & Type-R emblems (ooooooh)
- Build number badge by the shifter
UPDATE: There’s a little conflicting information between what the Honda EU media site and Honda US media site say about certain things. EU calls the color Sunlight Yellow vs. Phoenix Yellow in the US. Only EU mentions the infotainment & air conditioning deletes, and only US mentions the rear wiper, cargo cover, and rear heater ducts. Both of them mention the removed sound deadening.