I need to have my own car soon, possibly towards the end of the year and I've only been thinking this, a Low-Pressure Turbo Saab.
What I really want:
- Something that can start off running and learn to wrench (Parts don't have to be everywhere, but reasonably easy to source).
- Something with adequate safety.
- A boot.
- It has to be fairly easy to insure.
- Do better than 20 mpg.
- Cost less than $4000.
What I don't mind:
- Auto or Manual, I really don't care.
- Has to be Any-Wheel Drive as long as it is not an odd number and/or zero.
- The number of doors as long as it is between 2 and 5.
What I don't want:
- Not feel like it's made out of origami (that cuts out 60-70% of Japanese cars...sorry to those who are offended).
- Have the steering wheel on the left side.
- Be a rust machine or end up being a parts donor for someone else's project.
- A Miata.
Do you guys think it's a good choice?
Right now I'm looking at this car exactly:
Any other suggestions?