So I worked very hard yesterday to fix the rust I did have and permanently prevent new rust. The rear twist beam had some decent crust on it, so I hit it with the pneumatic sander and 36 grit. Took all the old paint off and prepped it for new.
We used POR15 to paint everything. Ended up doing a majority of the chassis including the subframe and pinch welds. We also serviced my CVT since it was overdue.
The after photos:
The pictures are still wet paint, but you get the idea. I used POR15 prep, and then the paint. This was my first time ever running a pneumatic sander so it was a learning process. Nathan ran the needle scaler and took me under his wing so I could learn. I had some paint run off as I brushed it on but no worries as the sway bars are going to end up powder coated.
It was time consuming but also so relaxing. Having our new air compressor is the greatest. I love to learn and I love making this car better and preserving it. It’s all part of the addiction.