I'm considering selling my 2013 Focus ST... here are my reasons why:
- My wife's Honda Pilot crapped out on us so we traded it in on a 2013 Ford Explorer (same color code as mode, ain't that cute?) and having two car payments sucks.
- I have a 4 year old and a 3 month old and the Focus is a pain in the ass to get them both in... not that it happens often but it would be nice to have the option.
- I'm kind of bored with it... not that there's anything wrong with it, I just get tired of driving the same car all the time.
- We are house hunting and I'd rather have the money for a house than spend so much every month on a car.
That said, I need replacement ideas. Requirements:
- Big enough for a family of 4
- Reliable-ish (No, I don't want to daily drive some 19 year old's 2001 GTI project)
- Somewhat fun
- Under 10k (under 8K even better)
- Something I can fix when it breaks
- Decent in Michigan snow (and don't feed me a line about RWD car having traction control, I will be DD'ing it and don't want to have to worry at all)
- Bonus: Can haul 2 dogs... they used to go in the Pilot but I'd prefer to keep them out of the Explorer.
At the top of my list right now is AWD V8 Magnum.
Give me your suggestions and anyone with a Magnum please let me know how yours is holding up. Anyone interested in buying a 2013 Focus ST with 30,000 miles, Leather Recaro seats, Navigation, all new transmission and engine mounts (2013 defect covered under warranty), and a new transmission (messed up cable alignment when they installed the mounts and fried second gear)?