In contrast to Costco they were:
- Out of a lot of stuff
- Had limits on a lot of stuff
- Probably 20% of people in the store were wearing masks, but closer to 80-90% of staff.
- Had implemented a directional system on aisles (which was neat, if ignored)
- Had NOT implemented a system to separate cashiers and customer
- Had NOT implemented a system to minimize touching when paying
Here are some pictures of things there were out of stock.
So like... overall NBD. Plenty of food, water, soda, meat, bread, eggs, milk, etc etc. Even the canned goods aisle was fine. Looks more like the supply chain is struggling to keep up with increased demand?
Also an older dude driving a bright red newer SL550 seemed VERY UPSET that about people wearing masks. He thought it was “just ridiculous” and “he’d never seen anything like it.”
Well ok then. Will me your car and I’ll take off my mask. Otherwise shut the hell up and go away.