Let’s look at the obvious pluses of this longboi versus my Paseo:
- ten+ years newer
- 5-10 more miles per gallon
- oodles of cargo and passenger space
- FWD, so I can actually drive it in winter
- normal ground clearance, so I don’t have to worry about humps on the ends of other people’s driveways
- EDIT: I've been corrected: this takes premium fuel too, great googly moogly...
- no one will try to race me
- uncommon which makes it appealing
- hard to get a speeding ticket
- FWD 4-banger Honda bodes well for reliability and cost of ownership
And here are the highly subjective minuses:
- FWD, when I prefer RWD
- handling... it’s a functional wagon
- 45 less ft-lbs of torque... Hondaaaaa!
- 12 inches longer and 4 inches wider... Tight fit in the garage
- a good one costs nearly double what my car is worth, thus it would take years for the fuel savings to break even with the cost of entry
- I could buy a real nice truck or SUV instead. Or a Z4 3.0si coupe.
Love the light interior with the dark dash and mats, though... Ah well. I gotta stay off Craigslist.
[Closes 30 tabs]