For the past few months I’ve been turning my ex-daily 2005 sti into a rallycross car, with the goal of eventually getting it built for the new SCCA Rallysprints at Team O’neil rally school (I live in New Hampshire)

Finally got the brakes swapped to a more gravel friendly setup, then blew the starter when I tried to test them. Replaced that, which led to a weird grounding issue. Fixed that too (fixing stuff feels great)


Then this weekend I got some great gravel wheels & tires and once again went to test and, that’s right, turbo decided to call it quits.

My goal of being able to get to some rallycrosses next month seems unattainable :(


At least the wheels look cool!

Illustration for article titled Rally project woes

Share This Story

Get our newsletter