This weekend was pretty productive. The body now floats over the frame. Thursday night my new dash and suspension parts came in. I need to get those on as the boxes take up a lot of room.

First up was removing the front end, Hood, Fenders,Grill. I left the radiator support as I really did not want to drain the cooling system yet. I will be replacing the radiator at a later date. Also ignore the rats nest of wires.

Advertisement

Now that the front is down its time to start lifting up the body. I ended up having to put the front of the frame on jack stands as the engine crane couldn’t fit under the front suspension. Did I mention the previous owner cut the springs way to short.

I’ll come up with a better way of putting the body back down. Since I had repair work anyways I was not worried about scratching up the non existent paint.

Advertisement

Fronts up, now time for the back. My buddy Kelso from the Mazda club came by and gave me a hand after I did the brakes on his car.

Advertisement

Advertisement

We then made the supports stronger with addition of some extra 4x4s. This thing is not going anywhere.

Advertisement

All covered up till I start welding again. Got lots to go but at least I have room to work now.

I’m going to loose a weekend on it or 2 since I have to fix my deck next but I will be attempting to do a few hours every night just to keep progress going. I want to at least finish all the work that needs the car jacked up first, then I can fully bolt it to the frame.