A few days ago I posted about a school project. Now, I’m making it a bit realer.
Here’s my rickety draft:
- 2 to 10 players
- Players have limited units of fuel to spend per turn and a fixed stock of fuel for the race
- For each roll of die (pair of 6-side die), player spends x unit of fuel to move x places forward
- Player can choose to either refuel after completing a lap, or stay out
- If pitting for fuel, player is held for one turn, then released
- Each lap represents one hour
- If player runs out of fuel mid-race, game over
- Winner is first past the finish line after x amount of laps
So far my biggest problem is how overtaking will work if two players share the same spot (it’d have sorta like a wire maze mechanic), as well as things like rain racing, and other extra “hazards”. I want the game to be as simple as possible (just two lanes) so it’s easy to pick up, which is why I simply used a fuel system instead of something more intricate, but depth and replayability should be maintained.
Note: we’re not actually making the game yet, only a sort of manual or readme explaining what it is and what the rules are. If this is successful, I attempt to make a twin game based on MotoGP.
Fire away with your suggestions! I’m looking forward to it.