In other related news, i am still alive!

...and so is the spitfire project :) i’ve finally managed to string together two solid days to get my rear wishbones sorted.

Advertisement

I started by tapping some cds tube with 1/2” left and right hand threads so a threaded adjuster in the middle can shorten or lengthen them to adjust camber and toe. Then i notched them with a cheap ebay tube notcher (worked ratger well) and made a jig to hold them in the right place

Then tacked them in place

Advertisement

The actual welding was probably the easiest i’ve ever done :) whacked it up high enough to give me sunburn on my hand and welded away :) all solid

Advertisement
Advertisement

And when i get home i’ll paint it and hook it all up :) oh, and when i get paid on friday i’ll be able to afford my quaife lsd!

Share This Story

Get our newsletter