This is a platform for User Generated Content. G/O Media assumes no liability for content posted by Kinja users to this platform.

Is there a name for this?

I had an idea for a bookcase with sliding covers that would store flat above the books, but extend out and down. Basically, having the cover stored up above the books, but it can be pulled out and set down.

I know I’ve seen older furniture where a free-swinging bolt guides a cover along a track until it reaches the edge, then the whole thing folds down, but I have no idea what the track and bolt would be called.


Share This Story

Get our newsletter