After an initial drive around the block many times, everything I sought to improve on this fall/winter/spring has been beyond my expectations!
- The new clutch and shifter bushings have made the shift action and driving experience better than I ever imagined. The shifts are satisfying with no more grinding and nibbles (so far), and precise and crispy with satisfying longish throws! I can now shift with confidence!
- The turbo lag and zip, I can feel it now, and it’s enhanced by my not taking a fortnight to shift!
- The major leaks I aimed to repair are repaired! Save for one small weep from the replacement oil cooler lines I’d gotten. That said, this is an improvement, over the genuine leak the original line had, and buying used parts (because NLA) always has a modicum of risk. I’m content here, and can rebuild the originals later on for a better seal.
- Oil and cooling temps are the same with the 10w60 oil as they were with the Mobil 1 15w50. We’ll see how it goes the rest of the year.
- Currently running the car without much of an exhaust. The rear part of the exhaust is off for modifications, and the exhaust is dumping underneath from the gutted cat. ALL the turbo noise.
To say that I’m elated with these improvements would be an understatement! There’s still a lot to work on (suspension alignment, windshield replacement, radio, fully functioning pop-up headlights), but damn, does this make me a very happy man.
I’ll make a video this weekend.