After 15 Years, all 4 cylinders and a turbo run smooth and healthy, I was able to bleed the cooling system and do a partial ignition timing; but there are new challenges before it can actually be driven.
- The starter finally gave up after the first startup so we couldn’t do an effective timing of the ignition system, the 931 starter was superseded by 944/951 starters so I found a used late 944 starter for $25.
- With the car having sat with a moldy and moisture-ridden carpet, good chance that a lot of the connections could have corrosion. Fortunately I’m not dealing with Lucas Electrics and the 924 has robust wiring. I’m gonna clean every ground, contact and connection I can find in the car.(Contact cleaner and a steel wire brush)
- I don’t have a working horn...But I have working turn signals and one brake light. Contact cleaner will do wonders here.
- New tires are here but the car can’t be driven or even moved until the starter and timing is done.
- Passenger window won’t go up. Window switches and aforementioned wiring is the suspect.
But this is great progress!! I was actually able to move the car out of the driveway and drive a few houses down and back and shift the dogleg box for the first time, it was glorious.