But it works. First time working with metal was a success. If this gets busted again I may look into using solid rivets to get things matched perfectly.

Oh, and measuring properly. I don’t know how I got that second line of rivets an inch off from where they were supposed to be. Oh well, it’s all getting wrapped.

Advertisement

Fun times! I would love to do more of this. Total cost of materials was about $210, and that includes a bunch of hardware most people would already have, and a decent amount of extra aluminum square tubing and angle.

Advertisement

Shop wanted $900ish, which my boss wasn’t having. I spent a good 8 hours working on everything so... Saved a bit of money, and gained some knowledge for the company. Win-win.