There's a few things I've noticed while driving it.
- The little panel that the window switch/door lock switch/mirror adjuster is on is broken and just kinda moves around on its own. It won't snap back into place either. Glue it is then.
- Driver's side speaker is on it's last leg. There's mostly just static coming from it at this point. Loose connection possible.
- Either the steering wheel isn't on straight, or the truck pulls to the right. I'm constantly turning left slightly, even going straight.
- The brakes work surprisingly well at stopping the truck, even with the big 35" mud tires. I think the truck has upgraded brake lines though, so that might be why.
- Between 10MPH and stopped, the entire truck shakes. Like it's weird and I don't really know how to explain it.
- The window motors are either really weak, or about to die. The windows take forever to roll up.
- The gas gauge is off (learned that the hard way)
- Seats are still the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.
- The Magnaflow exhaust really makes the 5.3 sound mean. You get on it and that thing screams.
- SO MUCH TIRE NOISE.
- Sun reflects off the hail dents and blinds you.
- Surprisingly fast honestly. Gets up to highway speed (and further) easily.
- It has a meter to show how many hours the motor has been running.
- BETTER MPG CITY THAN MY VAN.
It's still obvious it was built in the early 2000s by an American car company, but it does what it's supposed to: take a beating, and keep on going.