The $100 Elite runs! I reinstalled the in tank screen fuel filter, pulled the in-line filter back out of the system, and got rid of all the extra slack in the hose. That all was preventing fuel from being drawn down to the carb. The first fire up took some doing, with the help of carb cleaner, but now that I’ve run some fresh fuel in her, she fires right up!

I took it for a quick maiden voyage up the block and back.

Now that it runs, I’ve discovered the reason it probably got parked in the first place. It creeps at idle. Not so bad that the brakes can’t hold it, but I need to fix it. The manual says it’s either a broken clutch spring, or worn clutch lining.

Hopefully I can find a good how to article or video, because the tiny grainy pictures in the service manual aren’t much help.