A few notes:
- Bugs: Don’t drive with your window down at 80+ or a juicy bug will blast you maybe in the face; I don’t know if this is a consequence of the twin-spar M mirrors or if this is common amongst all cars? I can’t remember this problem in my Genesis. My side windows got demolished by bugs just after the A pillar. Washing my car in a bit and dreading the volume of elbow grease I’ll have to supply.
- Food: I live in Yakima, WA now; food scene is quite worse than Chicago, but we do get the all elusive Huckleberry goodnesss here. Haven’t found good pizza yet. Recommendations (all types of food)?
- Range Anxiety: The M2C has a 13 gallon fuel tank. I probably averaged only 80 mph because I was so worried about being able to make it to the next big town for fuel. I averaged 25-ish mpg; probably could have done better if I slowed down, but I’m not the type of person that buys an M car to drive 10-20 mph under the speed limit.
- Cops: Biggest presence was on I-80 in Illinois before 7 AM; not sure why, Cannonball?
- Stuff: I packed my Vox AC-15HW, Marshall Class 5, and pedal board in the trunk. 3 Gibsons in the back seat covered with a blanket and a sleeping back stuffed between the necks and the back of the passenger seat so they wouldn’t jiggle about; worked well. My parents drove a UHaul with the boring stuff.
- Landscape: Going to explore/hike this weekend, very excited.