Work continues, despite low confidence.
Reset the exhaust, finally managed to get the main harness rubber firewall grommet back into place, got my lovely center console back in:
Still working on that shifter adjustment. It just doesn’t want to go just quite right. Got the car breathing properly, both with my functional shaker flap:
And my factory correct cold air intake!
Now , I still have to correct that lovely hole in my floor. In addition, i noticed a certain problem with my parking brake, in that the place that it mounts to the floor has completely disintegrated.
Now on my otherwise relatively clean floor, this was a trouble spot. I didn’t realize that it was so rotted, and fiberglassed over it as a temp fix. Well, it seems where the parking brake bracket is spot welded to the floor is no more. The cable pulled its way through the floor, and removing my fiberglass just showed how there was really no floor there to begin with. Given my lack of welding equipment or skill, my father is going to assist me in fabbing a small patch and brazing it into place. It won’t be pretty, but it will suffice until proper bodywork can be done by a proffessional.
Also, gotta install my universal driveshaft safety loop to mitigate any mishaps. I am not super happy with how tight the c clips on the u joints fit. Got a killer killswitch to finish wiring as well, but I am not posting the details on here. Lets just say, it is pretty trick.