Oh hi. I'm Marquette. Been lurking Jalopnik and Oppo for a few years now, thought I'd actually contribute around here from time to time. Here's a bulleted list of things about me.
- Recently escaped 14 years of living in Louisiana by moving to Denver, CO.
- I have an Emerald Mica 2002 Mazda Miata. 80k miles. Pretty much stock except for Ohlins Road & Track adjustable coilovers. Which are just lovely.
- I recently bought a 1988 Mazda 323 GTX for Colorado winters. Yes, this is the Group A rally homologation car that Mazda built in the late 1980s. Full-time AWD (40:60 front:rear torque split with electronically locking center diff), 2600 lbs., 1.6L turbo with a funky digital dashboard. Mazda only brought over 1,243 of these cars to North America. It's fun.
- I've been autocrossing the Miata since May 2012. I have a set of black 949racing 6UL wheels with BFG Rivals.
- Dream car: Pagani Zonda. Any of them. A Revolucion or Cinque would do nicely.
- I play Gran Turismo 6 quite a bit with my DFGT wheel.
Here are some photos.
The cracked front bumper has since been replaced.
Autocrossing with some pals back in Louisiana.
My first time up Pikes Peak. 14,000 feet above sea level is an unforgettable experience!
The Miata here in Denver.
I bought the GTX in September from a guy in New Mexico who had two of them. I kind of sort of really love it. The exterior is a bit rough, but a respray next summer should do a whole lot to remedy that.
The interior, however, is in excellent shape. The driver's seat even has adjustable side bolstering! The seats are just fantastic.
I love the gradient upholstery. It's so perfectly 80s.
You'll probably see me around. Thanks for having me. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see any more photos.