Just getting ready to leave to take a look at this. It’s a 1999 Hyundai Accent with 290k miles, a stick, a clear title, and a new battery. The price is $300.
If I buy it the plan is to ice race it (it’s like LeMons but it’s on a lake and some of the drivers have been drinking). It will be made into the General Park, with a South Korean flag on the roof and repainted orange.
The list of issues, as stated by the seller:
- 290,000 miles on it
- Crack in windshield
- Driver window off track
- Driver door doesn’t unlock from outside
- Passenger door missing lock on outside
- Sunroof leaks
- Needs new transmission soon
- Burns oil
- Needs new clutch (cradle? Carriage?)
- Needs new brakes
- Parking brake light stuck on
- Passenger break light out
- Stereo wonky(but working)
- Interior pretty dirty
- Exterior rusty
- New clutch August 2014
I’m going to try to get it for $200 if it’s not horribly rusted.