Love Boat update III

Turns out, we DO need steenking batches:

Put those on while I waited for the fuel to drain from the hole under the epoxy & cardboard patch.


Once I got all 10 gallons out, I sanded and JB welded it. Nothing to lose if the repair takes. If it doesn’t I’ll replace the tank. While I was down there, I replaced the fuel filter. Good thing I did; they’re no supposed to rattle. The element was loose in there, so it was doing nothing. I blame ethanol.

While waiting for the JB to set up, I hit the diff and all the brake & fuel lines with Eastwood rust encapsulator. Hoping that keeps them intact thru the winter salt attack.


In a couple hours I’ll find out of the JB did the trick.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter