Been wanting to make one for sometime. Started it during the winter and finally just finished it. (really wish I had a garage)
Picked a nice little tree in the woods around my house and cut it down.
After about a week, and when it wasn’t completely terrible out, I got to whittlin’.
Let it dry for a couple of weeks, sanded the heck out of it and then decided to take a torch to it.
Then I just had to wait for warm enough weather to apply stain. Which would be a while.
Then the wait for more nice weather resumed.
Got to work on the tip during the wait. Didn’t want to use a rubber cap so I went with a 1/2" copper cap.
Wanted a little different of a look so I took a torch to the cap.
On the next nice day, I hung it from a branch and did the first of 4 coats of spar urethane.
That stuff takes a long time to dry so I only ever had enough time in a day for one coat before I had to go do something else.
But it is finally all done! At least I got it done in time for some warm weather hiking so I can get to losing that winter tan.