Midnight/early morning wrenching

Finally got all the ball joints in the mail, so I spent from about 8pm till 3am tearing everything apart and pressing the old ones out, pressing the new ones in and putting everything back together. Pressing the new ones in was far trickier than getting the old ones out.

Hardest part was lifting the 90lb hub/rotor assembly into place with ONE ARM and holding it there while using the other hand to thread the castle nut onto the lower ball joint stud to hold everything in place. My arms and hands and fingers are so sore, I’ll be feeling it for weeks.


But it’s done! And since I did most of the work in the dark, no sunburn either!

Share This Story