So I got around to doing a compression test, the Polaris (Fanny) is probably fine, but the Yamaha (Pack) is.....destroyed. 1 cylinder had 145 and the other had literally zero. No compression at all. Fannt is a bit low on the rear cylinder (it rear out at 120, 125, 75), but a tank of gas/oil may clear that up - I’ll be keeping a close eye on it. It still has some compression on that cylinder so it may be smart to do the piston rings on it. Still researching that step.
So last night I opened it up. Join me on this journey:
Well, with some great advice I’m looking into having it professionally rebuilt or purchasing a remanufactured engine, both options come with a warranty.
It’s a good thing I only used about 50% of my budget purchasing them.
You know the policy - if it goes on the water - IT BREAKS. Thankfully I planned accordingly, still sucks though.
Purchase post below: