Finally got around to lifting the engine off the mounts so I could install the nice solid mounts and do the front cover and the oil pan gaskets. I had to rent an engine hoist which I had been putting off doing till my engine lift plate arrived. Over a month after ordering, many emails and voicemails left with the company, I decided I could not wait any more and I used ratchet straps (with plenty of working load) and a safety chain around the exhaust manifolds to hold the engine up. Didn’t get a picture cause it was a full day’s worth of work and I was tired.

Advertisement

One of the hard things to figure out was how to get off the crank hub snout without buying the $250+ dealer tool. Got it off in a way that should work for reinstalling.

Advertisement

Now to finish up the suspension and put the new clutch and trans in and she’ll be good to go.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter