Yes, it’s still morning here.

I finished installing the new electric hideaway headlight door motors yesterday and tidied up the wiring. My headlight doors now work for the first time since I’ve owned the car. Now, I need to upgrade the actual lighting. One of many benefits of the electric actuators is that it’s easier to adjust the doors and have them in much better alignment when they’re in the closed position. I still need to work on the pot metal at the far edges near the fenders to get those straight. It still needs lots of little tweaks on the trim, but it’s getting closer.

I also installed some new jewelry, as the Mercury fender extension emblem was MIA when I bought the car. I’m glad I didn’t have the painter fill in the holes, as I like the look of the emblem.