5. Edge of Tomorrow - Awesome modern Triumph cafe bike, the only notable wheeled vehicle present.
4. Run All Night - Liam Neeson hoons an ‘85 Camaro.
3. Nightcrawler - We all love the Challenger. What about that five door Tercel?
2. Chappie - A matte grey diesel VW transporter with a roof rack was eclipsed by the murdered, tasefully lowered, caged STi.
1. Need for Speed - They ran alot of the gamut here. Rare stuff, muscle, exotics, old Germans. It’s all there. Yes, I know alot of them were fake. So are movies.
Now for the worrying part. The movie quality was almost inverse.
5. Need for Speed - It was fun, but the movie made almost exactly zero sense.
4. Chappie - The writing attempts to be profound, but ends up heavy-handed and heroless. And those rappers are supremely annoying. Also docked for abysmal haircuts.
3. Run All Night - Definitely not Taken 4. It’s cliched and has some pacing issues, but this is Liam Neeson from The Grey in a movie that doesn’t make you want to cut yourself. Great performances by Neeson, Ed Harris, Nick Nolte and Vincent D’Onofrio.
2. Nightcrawler - Jake Gyllenhall was chilling, though not quite up to the hype.
1. Edge of Tomorrow - Wait, you never saw this? It’s one of the best sci-fi movies to come out in a long time. What’s your problem?