I've been thinking a lot about my future lately, which has in turn prompted me to think about what I would like my automotive future to entail. So in order to keep track of it all, I wrote it down.
Some of these will probably be quite easy to cross off, others will be more difficult, but I believe that everything here is theoretically obtainable at some point in my future (as long as I have the time and money, of course). I may not be able to do all of these, but writing down goals is a great way of obtaining them, so here they are, sorted into different categories.
I Want to Own:
- An NA Miata
- A sports car that does zero to 60 in 6.5 seconds or less
- A BMW M car
- A project car
- A beater 4x4
- A well stocked garage and workshop
- Track Day, Bro
- Participate in an Autocross Event
- Compete in 24 Hours of LeMons
- Attend a performance driving school
- Attend a road racing school
- Attend rally school
- Rent a muscle car in DC, drive from Ocean City MD to Sacramento CA exclusively on Rt. 50, and then on to San Francisco.
- Do some proper off-roading
- A Ferrari road car
- A Viper
- An Audi R8
- A 911
- An honest-to-God, full on race car – Something like this.
- Heel-toe braking
- Handbrake turn
- Scandinavian Flick
- How to Drift well
- How to Weld
- 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 12 Hours of Sebring
- An F1 Race
- A WRC race
- A Concours d'Elegance
- A NASCAR race
- Indy 500 (thanks RacecaR)
- An NHRA Top Fuel Event (thanks Leadbull)
- Instill a passion for cars in any future offspring I may be blessed with
- Teach future offspring how to work on cars, like my dad has done with me.
- To be able to provide for my family while indulging in my passion for cars
So that's my list. What's on yours?
Photo cred: Autoweek