A few weeks ago I posted that I was going to attempt to replace the three timing chains in my wife’s Enclave without actually following the proper directions.
And it didn’t go well. I’m not quite sure what went wrong, but when I went to start it, it sounded like no compression. Undeterred, I did what any other red blooded American man would do. I went even further and actually removed and rebuilt both heads.
Want to see what an intake valve from a direct injection engine looks like after 150,000 miles:
Here’s what came out of one intake port:
And in case you were wondering if the valves were leaking - the brake cleaner test:
Yeah, they all leaked. Well, I am happy to report that I actually managed to get this thing back together and it’s running better than it has in years. I guess all’s well that ends well, but I wouldn’t wish this ordeal on anybody.