Reposted cause I’m really happy about this
It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted on update on my FZR, and you’d be forgiven for thinking that I abandonned this money pit before it bled me dry and ruined my relationships.
BUT YOU’D BE WRONG
Since the last time I posted anything on it I’ve-
Replaced the rear master cylinder, all brake lines, and rear caplier,
Pulled out the wiring harness and fixed quite a few shitty wires and connectors
This one went to the ignition. Guess which one is old.
All fixed and taped back up.
That was a big job for me since I’d never done any sort of wiring before, but the engine troubles proved too much for me to do myself, so got in contact with a great local bike shop. In the end I ordered a replacement engine on ebay, and had them do the swap. The old one was too far gone and replacement parts for these bikes are strangely cheap.
After getting it back from the shop, it was just small things; replacing the rusted exhaust, bleeding the brakes, and putting the fuel tank back in.
You can see why my bike was much louder than it should’ve been.
But this afternoon, all of the work and effort was made worth it when I wheeled it out into a rainy day and it fired right up. I rode it around the block and filled it up with 93, the wet roads preventing me from doing much else, but that was all I needed. I’ve learned so much throughout this project and I’m really proud of myself for actually sticking with it and doing things the right way.
It’s not DONE done; cosmetically it’s about a -1/10 and it could use new tires and some other wear items replaced in the near future, but it’s good enough for me to be confident it’s not going to blow up or catch on fire while riding it anymore