What is the sound of one piston slapping?
What is the sound of one piston slapping?
Illustration for article titled Need help from computer oppos!

I just bought an old Sager gaming laptop from the mid-late 2000s. Why? Because someone had one for sale for <100$ and I get to relive my gaming heydays of college on the cheap! Or.....I would......It just needs the hard drive and I now see why it was so cheap - it needs some sort of sata adapter or something. There is a vertical set of pins where the connector must sit on top of, that would then go to a 90 degree angle and end with a SATA female connector for a hard drive to slide into.


Problem is - I don’t know what to call that piece. I tried calling it an adapter or a bracket but that just got me the piece that turns the CD player slot into a place to put a second hard drive. I saw Dell/HP call a similar piece an “interposer” but that doesn’t seem to be the case for clevo boards.

Anyone out there able to help? What am I looking for?

Share This Story

Get our newsletter