In less than 24 hours I did something that would normally take a couple weeks. If you read my post from yesterday, then you know that I’m a bachelor for the week. This is the reason for my pace.
Anyway, I made all of the cuts I had planned for the workbench. Quickly entertained my parents for dinner. Then got to drilling all of the pocket holes and assembling. PSA: if you build things with wood and don’t have a pocket hole joiner...you are missing out.
I finished everything but the Masonite tops. Even after measuring so carefully the top came out just a little crooked. So I sank a screw in the center and removed all of the surrounding screws, adjusted, set with a few new screws, then sank all the old ones back in. It also turned out taller than I intended, however I have to cut and brace for the casters I’m going to add, so I will fix that then.
After that I decided to do a quick cleanup of the shop and snap some pics. It fits perfectly where I pictured it, and it will be super useful, especially once it’s on wheels. I might close the bottom, and put doors on too.
Anyway pics if ya like.