Last night I finally started gluing the tail panel onto the E21. It’s only tacked in place for now, but I checked the tail light fitment and it was pretty good, so things are moving in the right direction...

The lower part of the tail panel is missing (can be seen sitting on the roof of the car above) because it’s a US spec tail panel and I’m modifying it to fit better with the Euro spec bumpers I got. I would have bought the Euro spec rear tail panel, but when I bought the car it came with a brand new US spec tail panel from BMW so I just decided to work with what I have...

I bought the Euro spec rear valance side panels, so I’m going to have to blend them into the US spec rear valance, and patch closed the openings where the bumper shocks typically come through...

Advertisement

I’ve got plenty of work ahead of me... it should keep me busy during the annual Canadian ice age.