Calling rally or headlight knowledgeable opponauts. Gratuitous truck pictures included.
One of the bulbs in my Hella Rallye 4000s burned out, so I was thinking of replacing and upgrading both. I use them for offroad, or for very late night drives through the Adirondack highways, where being able to see a half mile down the road has saved me from deer several times.
Id rather have the beam be yellowish then too blue as I do a lot of snow driving. and I find the blue light of some cars headlights fatiguing. So i guess between 3000k and 4000k?
I used the Hella wiring harness which bypasses the gm one, except where it plugs into the highbeam fuse, so thats all set. Do I have to worry about the the bulbs that have high and low beam? How do i know that its the highbeam filament in the bulb thats activated?
These are the lamps I own, one euro beam, one pencil. The bulbs are Hella H1 100w (H83115051)
Unless non crap HID kits are $40 for two, Id rather stay with the halogen bulbs
The options I can see, after browsing various forums, candlepower, rally, and otherwise are as follows
- Replace with current ~$10
- Hella - High Proformance 2.0 55w (H83300002) ~$20 pair or like $50 if some one takes the deal on ebay
- Hella - H1 13ow - $10 (The wiring harness is beefy, and the hellas are big hunks of metal, I should be ok right?, and if they burn out theyre cheap to replace too. Plus I actually like the current beams, but I hunger for moar. These are the current #1)
- Philips - Rally or Rally Vision, 55w ~$8 for a pair? (I may order a pair of these anyway for a giggle m8)
- Philips - X-Treme Vision H1 +100 or +130 (55w=100w or whatever their marketing came up with) ~$30 (this is the one ive heard a lot of good about, current #2)
- PIAA - H1 XTreme White Plus 55w = 100w $60 - $80 (Apparently these are really good, but you pay for it)
Any reason I shouldn’t go with the 130w Hella bulb? Ive got the wiring harness, the heavy duty alternator, the big ass metal lights, what could possibly go wrong?
Muh Loomens dump. Lets see if every single one of these comes out upside down.