Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to one of the most awesome fights ever dreamed of. Spanning six continents and over 20 race tracks, these rivalries are history-makers, featuring one of the most stacked cards ever booked. Put your seatbelt on tight.
The following headline events are good enough to stand on their own, so to book this is pretty much doing a disservice to any one of these cars. All roads begin at Rudskogen and lead to Spa-Francorchamps and Laguna Seca, but every match will have their own tests in other tracks that best suit the theme of each bout.
- Round 1: Potrero de los Funes
- Round 2: Palmer
- Round 3: Bilster Berg
- Round 4: Ahvenisto
- Round 5: Ledenon
- Round 6: Autopolis
- Round 7: Highlands
First off, we’ve got the Bugatti Chiron and Koenigsegg Regera, the two supercruisers who choose to take it easy, but also uber-quick. They’re also polar opposites, with the former being a strengthening of a titan of speed and the other a radically-envisioned speed machine. It would be quite a spectacle to see these two run, and run in anger.
- Round 1: Bathurst
- Round 2: Yas Marina
- Round 3: Anglesey
- Round 4: Sturup
- Round 5: Kyalami
- Round 6: Mont-Tremblant
- Round 7: Road Atlanta
After that, we have the mega-evolved versions of already monstrous beasts. Yes, because apparently the Agera R and the Vulcan aren’t swole enough. So of course Christian von Koenigsegg decided to push the limits of the Agera platform, creating the One:1, and Aston Martin took one good look at the Vulcan and decided to give it the buffs its Vantage GTE cars always seem to get from the ACO’s BoP team, resulting in the Vulcan AMR Pro. And thus, a rivalry is born. (Also, I’m still waiting for Pagani to make a Huayra R, so the Vulcan will do.)
- Round 1: Bathurst
- Round 2: Sportsland SUGO
- Round 3: Algarve
- Round 4: Imola
- Round 5: Brands Hatch
- Round 6: Road America
- Round 7: Mosport
Next we’ve got the hyper-hybrids, the pseudo-GT1 cars without a home but their own, cars that follow no rulebook but are actually a bit slower because they’re all power and unfit tire compound. The McLaren P1 GTR and Ferrari FXX-K are sequels, too, ones that complement, if not supersede, their predecessors. (Also, the 918 does not have a race version, these are all we got. But whatever.) Time to settle this rivalry once and for all.
- Round 1: Albert Park
- Round 2: Suzuka
- Round 3: Silverstone
- Round 4: Nurburgring-GP
- Round 5: Monza
- Round 6: Interlagos
- Round 7: Montreal
And finally, these two. This main event is better than whatever Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar would end up being come Wrestlemania, or even whatever will be the main event at New Japan’s Wrestle Kingdom, which is the superior show. People will be lining up the track for the battle between the Aston Martin Valkyrie and Mercedes-AMG Project ONE, two machines who say they can keep up—maybe even get ahead—of Formula One cars.
- 2016 Dodge Viper ACR (c) vs 2017 Ford GT vs Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 for the United States Supercar Championship
- McLaren 720S vs Porsche 991 GT2RS
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante vs Pagani Huayra Roadster vs Ferrari 812 Superfast for the Italian Championship
- Mercedes-AMG GT R vs Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
- Lotus Evora GT430 Sport vs Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 vs Porsche 991.2 GT3 Touring for the Purist Performance Championship
- Ford Focus RS vs Honda Civic Type-R (FK8) for the lineal Undisputed Hot Hatch Championship
- Dodge Challenger Demon vs Tesla Model S P100D Ludicrous Plus in a High-noon Drag Race (for reference, an ND Miata will be between them, and will start 5 seconds ahead)
- BMW M2 vs Audi TT RS
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-hybrid Sport Turismo vs Ferrari GTC4 Lusso in a Package Delivery and Long-haul Shuttle Test
- VW Golf 7 GTI (c) vs Hyundai i30 N Performance vs Ford Focus ST vs Honda Civic Si (FK8) vs Renaultsport Megane vs Vauxhall Astra GTC for the FWD Hot Hatch Championship
- BMW M8 vs Lexus LC500 vs 2018 Bentley Continental in a Cross-Continent Business Class Road Test
- Kia Stinger GT vs Alfa Romeo Giulia QV vs Cadillac ATS-V vs BMW M3 Competition vs Audi RS7 Performance for the Performance 4-door Championship
OK. Tell me: did I book this event right? Anything I need to change? To be honest, I think there should be a piece of Career mode that’s just these duels over a mini-calendar.