With only a week or so before the full summer weather hits, I’ve finally got my A/C into a usable state. The condenser fan bearing was failing and making a horrible noise (below), and the aftermarket one I replaced it with last month interfered with the kidney shroud and made a WORSE noise (above) as the grate was pressed into the fan.


The solution was simply to put some spacers on the kidney shroud’s bolts to bring it away from the fan. Unfortunately this required pulling the bumper and headlights a second time. This os not a fun job. Comes off easy enough, but putting it back on sucks. Lining up all the brake ducts and plastic gubbins with one person takes about 40 attempts, and when you push in on one side the other pops out.

Illustration for article titled Oh, Praise the Lort, Jesus Christ

Share This Story

Get our newsletter