Having been without-project for a while, I was getting withdrawals from wrenching (not really, I’ve just been working on other peoples’ stuff which I don’t really share since it’s not my business to & non-car projects).
I figured it was time to get the factory-fill oils out of the Abarth (just over 1000 miles on it at this point). There is no service interval on the transmission or diff which is bad for someone planning on keeping a car longer than the warranty period. Based on the amount of break-in metal in the oil from these (and on the magnetic drain plugs) this was well worthwhile.
I also changed the engine oil and filter, which is uneventful but again it’s good to get the break-in fill out of there instead of running it for the absurdly-long specified interval.
Amsoil meeting all the requisite specs was put in the transmission and differential, the engine got Pennzoil also meeting required specs and a fresh Wix filter. Nothing too exciting, but it’s the first work I’ve done on this car.