Due to the financial wonder called ‘a job’, I seem to have acquired enough funds to carry out the idea I discarded back in September. Has anyone ever visited Iceland, and if so, do you have any tips?
To clarify: I’m toying with the idea of taking the ferry and spend 1 or 2 weeks exploring the island with my MR2. The effective execution will depend on finding travel companions and getting the necessary time off work.
- Best time of the year to visit?
- How expensive is food, drinks, fuel, lodging, ...? (Compared to European prices if possible)
- Things to do? Things to avoid?
- How much will the MR2 limit my options vs. hiring some generic AWD vehicle?
- Anything else you want to share?
Thanks for putting your collective intellect and experience to work, Oppo!