In an effort to maintain my sanity while job hunting I’ve started browsing for potential future cars I would like to purchase. (I’ve already researched all I can on Full Frame DSLRs and automatic watches.) During my searches through Craigslist, the GTI has piqued my interest. Yes it’s FWD and I crave for RWD but if the handling is as sublime as everyone says it is I wouldn’t mind giving up RWD.
I specifically want to know about the Mk6 and Mk5 GTIs.
Here’s what I know about the GTI:
- The current generation is the Mark 7
- They handle quite well
- The interior is rather nice
- Plaid interior
- I4 engines with tuning potential from APR/COBB
- The stance crowd has completely taken over the VW community
- VW Vortex should be avoided at all costs
So what else should I know about the Mk6 and Mk5 GTI?