By popular vote in the series poll, the next series I will be running is Team Touring Cars.
This is a Forza 6 racing series using the xTCC cars that are provided in the game, and is based off the WTCC series.
This race series will use spec series rules. No cars can be higher than S761. Tuning is allowed and encouraged.
This race will have a different twist to it compared to previous series. This race will be using a team scoring system. All drivers will be paired off together for the series. The drivers must agree on a similar car (i.e. Toyota #20 Avensis & Toyota #11 Avensis, two Toyota #20 Avensis, two Mercedes #33 A-Class, etc.). Matching liveries are encouraged. Oh, and a clever team name - gotta have a team name.
The following is a list of the cars that can be used in the series along with their prices.
- The lobby will open at 4pm EST on a Saturday and races will begin no later than 4:30. Races will again last around 45min-1hr depending on what track we’re at that week.
- Assists are allowed but you are encouraged to use them sparingly. You can actually gain a lot more out of your car by turning off electronic assists.
- Damage and fuel and tire wear will be set to cosmetic only. Please avoid contact at all costs regardless.
- Tuning is allowed and encouraged, but storefront tunes are forbidden. No engine or drivetrain swaps are allowed.
- Grid order is randomized for every race.
- Scoring is as follows: 24pts for 1st, 23pts for 2nd, 22pts for 3rd, 21pts for 4th, and so on, with 24th receiving 1pt. In the event we don’t have a full lobby racers we will score to the lowest position (e.g., 8 people so last place gets 16pts). DNF’s will be counted as your final finishing position so if you get disconnected or have to leave suddenly you’ll still get some points just for showing up.
- Points will be tallied up for two categories: Driver and Team.
- I will post current standings/results as soon as possible after each race.
1/23: Sonoma Raceway Full, Sonoma, California 2/6: Brands Hatch Full, Kent, England 2/20: Nurburgring Full, Nurburg, Germany 3/5: Circuit de Prague Full, Prague, Czech Republic 3/19: Monza Full, Monza, Italy
4/2: Mount Panorama Circuit, Bathurst, Australia
- Anyone entering the series needs to message me and send me a friend invite (XBL: RoboRedMdn1te) if you’re not on my friends list already, and let me know who your teammate is. Its be a little more difficult to manage things this time around since clubs no longer exist, so your cooperation with this would be appreciated.
- Everyone is expected to follow proper racing etiquette. However, you’re going to have to be OK with the fact that contact will happen no matter how hard we all try to avoid it. Having the cars be as fair as they are means you’ll constantly be in traffic and battling for position and a bit of rubbing will be inevitable, as will more serious incidents. There will be races where you’ll get knocked off track or spun out by no fault of your own and you’ll end up finishing in the back of the pack that week; anyone who’s raced online will know that’s just a part of the game and these series will be no exception.
- This aside, there’s a very fine line between incidental contact (tapping someone’s rear bumper under braking, running a bit wide through corners, etc.) and aggressive and dangerous driving (divebombing corners, running people off the road, deliberate contact, etc.). Please refrain from any of this behavior.
- Remember, even though there’s points being given in this series, HAVE FUN. It doesn’t matter if you’re that good of a racer or not, we’re all here in the end to drive fast cars and have a blast. Don’t worry. :)
- All relevant information (including pre-race, post-race, and other miscellaneous posts) will be posted here on Digital Burnouts and Oppo and tagged ‘Team Touring Cars’. I will try to get all post race info posted as soon as possible and I’ll do my best to address any questions, comments, or concerns.
Good luck, have fun, and we’ll see you out on the track.